Kona Glide Tour
Kona Village | 2 Hours
Kona Glide Tour
Kona Village | 2 Hours
Step aboard as you tour through Kailua-Kona Village.
- Person + Japanese Speaking Guide
Approximately 2 Hours
11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.& SUNSET Time (4-5 p.m.)
Kona Village Segway Experience
Step aboard as your Kailua-Kona Village Tour takes you back in time as you experience one of technologies most fascinating, personal forms of transportation – the Segway Personal Transporter (PT).
After our Segway learning to ride session, you and your guide will glide along
Kuakini Highway heading to the “Old Kona Airport” or the “Old A” – originally built as a WWII landing strip and today is a mile-long State Recreational Park where we glide freely through a botanical garden while taking in the oceanfront activities and it’s beautiful vistas.
We then head to Kona Village and oceanfront Ali’I Drive – designated as a Hawaii Scenic Byway….as we get comfortable on our Segways taking in the beauty of the ocean views and the “Royal Footsteps Along the Kona Coast.” This byway offers archaeological sites that have survived over hundreds of years.
We glide through the Village, learning about the area’s rich Hawaiian history, with stops at: Kailua Pier – the starting and finishing point for the Ironman World Championship Triathlon (October) and north of the pier to Ahu’ena Heiau (place of worship) – a temple in the location of King Kamehameha the Great’s personal retreat and temple and where he spent the last years of his life.
We’ll then glide by the historic Kona Beach Hotel – next to the heiau that is built on the grounds where King Kamehameha once resided and Hulihe’e Palace. This Palace was the vacation residence of Hawaiian royalty and today is a museum. We then glide along Ali’I Drive and if open, stop at the Farmer’s Market for some local fruit and other items you may wish to purchase….and through the Village to the South Shore’s only surfing spot for a quick break to enjoy the beauty of the surf and beach.
Gliding back through the Village, we then stop at Moku’Auikaua Church, the Island’s first Christian Church built in 1820 and is across the street from the Palace.
Our tour comes to a close as we continue gliding along Kona Village’s main thoroughfare with all its fun beach shops and activity stops to our starting point. Guests 10 years and older can experience this fun Kona Village tour.
Included in Tour: Training, safety helmet, bottle of water, and a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
WE ARE CLOSED: New Years Day, Easter Sunday, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day
1. Safety helmets are a must and are provided at no extra charge. We also provide complimentary lockers for guest personal items that will not fit in small Segway bag while on tour.
2. Age minimum: 10-years old for all Kailua-Kona segway tours. Anyone under the age of 18 years of age – MUST be on tour/accompanied on tour with a responsible adult 18+, who will also sign waiver on behalf of the minor. See #3.
Weight minimum: 75lbs/36 Kilos. Weight maximum: 275 lbs/135 Kilos.
3. All tour guests are required to sign an insurance waiver, prior to tour at time of check in. Parents/responsible adult will co-sign for any minor on tour. Guests under the age of 18 must have a parent/responsible adult over 18 years of age accompany them on the tour.
4. Tours are primarily offered in English and Japanese. Please let us know if other languages are needed during reservation process.
5. Guests should arrive 15-minutes early for hands on training (included), prior to tour start time!
6. A 48-Hour cancellation notice is required for all reservations for full refund.
7. All prices quoted above are subject to change and Hawaii Sales Tax is included in tour pricing as noted.
8. Pricing does not include gratuity for guides — (usually 15%-20%).
9. Reservation phone lines are open from 8:00am – 8:00pm, 7-days a week. Please call: 808-331-8134 to inquire about tour availability or to book a tour.
10. Cancellation Policy: Customers will receive a full refund with 72 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone: (808) 476-1206 or email [email protected] to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.