Sunset to Magic Island Glide
Sunset | 2 Hour
Learn to ride a Segway Personal Transporter and glide to Magic Island and Ala Moana.
- Person + Japanese speaking guide
4 p.m., 4:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. daily
Our two-hour sunset Segway tour begins with your Segway Personal Transporter lesson and once training is complete, we glide to Magic Island and Ala Moana Beach Parks and her wide park pathways. This is where the in-town locals go to enjoy the sun, sand, surf, and spectacular Diamond Head and ocean vistas. We glide along the beachfront park pathways and up and over a fun bridge and then head off to Kaka’ako Waterfront Park, or as the locals call it “Point Panic,” a special surfing spot and her majestic Promenade.
At this hilly park, we then glide to the very top to see the Ehime Maru Memorial and to check out the “Echo Stone” and enjoy the amazing cross-island views, just in time for a stunning Hawaiian sunset. Watch the setting sun paint the sky golden as the light dances across the ocean and soak up the views from this great vantage point. Do not forget your camera for this Kaka’ako Segway tour!
During the winter months, you are sure to catch a glimpse of the whales who come to Hawaii to breed during this time of the year. After our sunset views, we then glide back to the Tour Center as we complete our Oahu Segway glide.
Where To Go For Your Segway Tour:
Please meet your guide at our Kaka’ako Tour Center at The Coral
Commercial Center, 670 Auahi Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 – just 1.5 miles from Waikiki and in the new district of Honolulu called Kaka’ako — with quirky shops, cafes and restaurants.
Guests should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tour time.
Segway of Hawaii Recommendations:
- It is a good idea to put plenty of sunscreen on prior to your tour, as you are out in the beautiful Hawaiian sun throughout your tour.
- We also recommend wearing lightweight clothes, any kind of comfortable shoes (sneakers/flip flops – but, no heels for the ladies), sunglasses are a good idea…..and, don’t forget your camera!-There is a small bag on the front of all Segway Personal Transporters that can accommodate a small bag or backback.
Things You May Need To Know:
- Segway of Hawaii maintains strict monitoring of all its vehicles to ensure they are well-maintained, cleaned, and charged for each customer.
- Weight and age restrictions may apply, please inquire.
- Safety helmets are a must and are provided for each rider at no extra charge.
- Our staff is well trained in Segway technology to ensure every customer has the best possible experience.
- An insurance waiver along with a major bank credit card and/or deposit are required.
- Segway of Hawaii embraces the Aloha Spirit, offering extreme weather refunds and rain checks on the rental portion of your contract. However, refunds and rain checks cannot be granted for Hawaii’s light, pineapple showers, so always call us if you’re not sure. We will try our best to accommodate your special needs whenever possible.
- Cancellation policy: Customers will receive a full refund with 72 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone: (808) 941-3151 or email [email protected] to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.
- For parties of four (4) or more – a gratuity of 18% will be added to all reservations.
- Maximum weight 275 lbs.
- Minimum age required 10 years.