Your Kaka’ako Waterfront Park & Wall Art Mural Tour begins with expert training to make your segway experience comfortable and fun.
Honolulu History & Cultural Tours
History & Culture
- Person Ages 10+
- Person + Japanese speaking guide Ages 10+
Experience Honolulu History & Cultural Tour with Segway of Hawaii!
Step aboard as you learn to learn to ride your very own Segway Personal Transporter and once training is completed your Honolulu Segway tour experience takes you along Oahu’s waterfront to Aloha Tower at Honolulu Harbor to check out the restored coral reef and the fish that now comes to feed.
We then enter downtown Honolulu through historic Bishop Street, passing the historic transportation buildings from more than a century ago as you glide into colorful Chinatown and Hotel Street to make our way toward Washington Place, home to Hawaii’s Governor, the State Capitol Building, and then enter the grounds of Iolani Palace – home to the only palace on American soil. Here, we view the centuries-old banyan trees on the Palace grounds, see Iolani Barracks, the King Kamehameha Statue, and the historic Kawaiahao Church and continue gliding beside the little nestle of austere buildings that form the Mission Houses built in 1820 by Hawaii’s first missionaries. This Oahu Segway tour truly takes you back through Hawaii’s history as you enjoy riding on the technology of today!
We then glide back toward the ocean and Kaka’ako Waterfront Park, where we glide to see the Echo Stone and the Ehime Maru Memorial and the Park’s spectacular cross-island vistas. You may even enjoy some Hawaii whale watching during the winter months too!
We then head back towards the beach and glide back to our starting point. This two-hour tour offers an experiential glide through the history of 19th Century Honolulu and how that history has shaped the culture of Honolulu today.
Honolulu History & Cultural Tour Includes: Cold bottle of water and cold Oshiburi at the end of the tour.
Please meet your guide at our Kaka’ako Tour Center at The Coral
Commercial Center, 670 Auahi Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 – just 1.5 miles from Waikiki and in the new district of Honolulu called Kaka’ako — with quirky shops, cafes and restaurants.
Guests should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tour time.
- It is a good idea to put plenty of sunscreen on prior to your tour, as you are out in the beautiful Hawaiian sun throughout your tour.
- We also recommend wearing lightweight clothes, any kind of comfortable shoes (sneakers/flip flops – but, no heels for the ladies), sunglasses are a good idea…..and, don’t forget your camera!-There is a small bag on the front of all Segway Personal Transporters that can accommodate a small bag or backpack.
- Segway of Hawaii maintains strict monitoring of all its vehicles to ensure they are well-maintained, cleaned, and charged for each customer.
- Weight and age restrictions may apply, please inquire.
- Safety helmets are a must and are provided for each rider at no extra charge.
- Our staff is well trained in Segway technology to ensure every customer has the best possible experience.
- An insurance waiver along with a major bank credit card and/or deposit are required.
- Segway of Hawaii embraces the Aloha Spirit, offering extreme weather refunds and rain checks on the rental portion of your contract. However, refunds and rain checks cannot be granted for Hawaii’s light, pineapple showers, so always call us if you’re not sure. We will try our best to accommodate your special needs whenever possible.
- Cancellation policy: Customers will receive a full refund with 72 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone: (808) 941-3151 or email [email protected] to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.
- For parties of four (4) or more – a gratuity of 18% will be added to all reservations.
- Maximum weight 275 lbs.
- Minimum age required 10 years.